Monday, April 14, 2014

HHR Exclusive Interview with Musician “Lucky Logan”


unnamed

HHR: Logan tell us a little about yourself…where are you from…where were you born…where were you raised…which city and state are currently home to you?

Lucky Logan: My name is Logan P. McCoy, I’m a thinker, rapper (street poet), philosopher and all around nice guy. I was born in Ghana but raised in Brooklyn. I have lived in Brooklyn longer than I’ve lived anywhere else.


HHR: You currently live in Brooklyn, have you always lived there?

Lucky Logan: Yea, I’ve lived in Brooklyn for the majority of my life.

HHR: Brooklyn is known for molding some amazing artist: Joell Ortiz, Mos Def, Jay-Z, Nas just to name a few; so  your in good company. What makes Brooklyn so unique amongst other cities when it comes to talent?

Lucky Logan:
To be honest with you, I really have no clue what makes Brooklyn so unique. What I do know is Brooklyn is a cornucopia of culture, sort of like the United Nations. Here, you’ll find people from all over the world who have come to call Brooklyn home. Maybe this diversity is what helps Brooklyn have its unique flavor and style. Artists in this  setting have a wealth of sources to pull inspiration from. I think this is one of the reasons Bklyn has produced so many talented artists.

HHR: What do you like about living in New York City?

Lucky Logan: I don’t want to sound like a t-shirt sold to tourists but “I love NY”. There’s no place like it.


HHR: Have you written any songs?  Tell us about that experience.


Lucky Logan: Yea I’ve written a song or two in my life. It’s actually a very self-revelatory experience if you’re paying attention.

HHR: What inspires you as an artist?

Lucky Logan: I’ve always had an insatiable curiosity about human existence. Music helps me probe my own thoughts and emotions which gives me a better understanding of who, what, where, why and how I am. Every song teaches me more and more about myself.

HHR: Does you age temper your style as a recording artist?

Lucky Logan: Time tempers all living beings. Naturally, this temperament influences expression. What I rapped about when I was twelve isn’t what I rap about now. I believe this is the natural progression of living.

HHR: Do you play any instruments and if so which?

Lucky Logan:
Yea, I play the vocal chords. I’m also a composer/producer so I don’t necessarily play but I do play around with instruments.

HHR: Where have you performed?  What was your favorite venue? What was your least favorite venue? 

Lucky Logan: I’m currently not performing as I’m now “wood shedding”, developing a new sound. However, I’ve performed in so many venues over the years that they’ve all become the same to me. It’s more about my interaction with the audience for me at this point than the physical space I’m in.

HHR: Which songs do you perform the most frequently and why?

Lucky Logan: I’ve taken a break from performing so I don’t really have an updated set list. 

HHR: Is there an overriding theme to most of the songs you write and/or sing (play)?

Lucky Logan: But off course. A lot of my songs are about the human relationship with self and life. I focus a lot on becoming an active participant in my internal dialogue and how to improve myself as opposed to being a passive participant swayed by the movement such discourse creates. 

HHR: Which label are you with now? 

Lucky Logan: I currently create music for my personal label luckylogan.com.

HHR: How has your music evolved since you became a musician?

Lucky Logan: My music more closely resembles the personality that I’ve become than when I first started making music.

HHR: What has been your greatest challenge as a musician and as a songwriter?

Lucky Logan: My greatest challenge as a musician has been developing a strong business foundation that enables me to remain musically creative and active.

HHR: What advice do you have for people who want to break into the music or the Recording Arts Industry? 

Lucky Logan: My advice for people seeking to break into the industry would be to develop an indomitable sense of self and everything else becomes relatively easy. A strong relationship with oneself to me is a most important foundation, upon which all worthwhile endeavors are accomplished.

HHR: Is there anyone you would like to acknowledge for offering emotional support to you in your career?

Lucky Logan: Definitely, my mother, sister, brother, father, my business and music partner Sdaerd, my friend Radek, my teacher Mr. Riddick, my ex-girlfriends whose name I’ll withhold and a whole host of people too many to list here.

HHR: Where do you see yourself in your career five years from now?


Lucky Logan: Five years from now, I see myself as a musical force of nature to be reckoned with both in music and in business.

HHR: Looking ahead IN 2014 what do you want your legacy to be?

Lucky Logan: I want my legacy to be one that inspires constant growth and self-improvement in human beings. 

HHR: How can your fans gain access to your music?

Lucky Logan: That’s the easy part, check out my website luckylogan.com.

No comments: