Sunday, October 12, 2008

Hey Sambo!

Hey Sambo, maybe Master McCain will let you shine his shoes since you did such a good job licking his boots.”

~Obama Supporter to black McCain supporter


The Black Informant has a great piece out PLEASE READ

Radio Host Threatened After McCain Rally

by Shelley Walcott

MILWAUKEE - The hate mail started pouring in almost immediately after Newsradio 620 WTMJ radio host James T. Harris addressed Senator John McCain Thursday at a Republican rally in Waukesha.“You know this is sort of a sampling of the emails that I’ve been receiving,” Harris said,” Hey Sambo, maybe Master McCain will let you shine his shoes since you did such a good job licking his boots.”“I knew something was up when The New York Times and The Washington Post started asking me questions and then CNN and then Fox.

I was like, ‘Oh Lord!’”Harris’ comment to McCain made heavy rotation on national talk shows. And Harris says he’s heard from African Americans from across the country now accusing him of being a sellout.“Most of the stuff that I got in the email was like, ‘How can a black man stand up and say that?’ Well you know what? I happen to be an American of African descent, but I am a conservative.” (more…)

No comments: