Monday, September 22, 2008

GOP Rep.Sherman Parker dies Dies at 37

It is with great sadness to inform the readers of HipHopRepublican.com of the passing of Sherman Parker from a brain aneurysm. In the last election cycle Sherman, a former Missouri GOP state delegate, unsuccessfully sought a U. S. House seat. He did not win though went on to become successful working in government relations and other entrepreneurial pursuits.

Arrangements can be found on Sherman's web site Shermanparker.org and information about his death at mopns.com

Sherman's Bio

Republican Representative Sherman Parker represented St. Charles County (District 12) in the Missouri House of Representatives. He was elected to the House in November 2002 and was re-elected in 2004 with 73% of the vote. During the 92nd Missouri General Assembly, Representative Parker was elected Deputy Majority Whip and served as Vice-Chairman of the Financial Services Committee. He also served on the Education Committee, and the Small Business Committee.

During his first year as a legislator, Missouri’s community college chancellors and presidents, named Sherman their legislator of the year for his work and commitment to higher education. Sherman was also named Missouri Votes Conservation’s Rising Stars, due to his leadership on conservation issues. In 2002, Sherman was named by his peers as the Missouri’s Young Republican of the Year. In 2005, Cardinal Glennon Hospital awarded Sherman the "Defender of the Children" award. This year, Sherman was named by the St. Louis Business Journal as one of the region's "Most Influential Minority Business Leaders. Sherman is presently a contributing columnist to the St. Louis Post Dispatch newspaper.


Prior to his legislative duties, Sherman served as the Chief Operating Officer for Omicron Development Corporation, was a member of the executive staff of UniGroup, Inc., an Account Comptroller for State Street Bank in Boston, Massachusetts, and served as a Special Assistant to three United States Senators.

Representative Parker received a Bachelor of Arts degree in North and South American history and political science from the University of Vermont. During his junior year in college, he attended the St. Louis University in Madrid, Spain.


Parker died suddenly as a result of a brain aneurysm at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sherman Parker, my ‘lil Brother, my friend, I never have met a brother, so up close and personal, that loved the crazy life of politics as much as Sherman Thompson Parker. He was a torch, a firestarter. He was his own man, a man’s man, a leader. He was not a “Yes” man. He followed his own heart and desires. He had his own plan. I met Sherman Parker in 2002 when the Boone CO Republican Party came after me to run for State Representative. Sherman, packed up “His Boyz” and came to Columbia and knocked on doors and worked hard on my campaign. Encouraging me every step of the way. I didn’t win the political race, but came out the winner anyway…I had Sherman Parker as a friend…just talked to him last week…we kept it real in our communication.
He loved his daughter, Alexandra…please support her and her family by donating to her college fund.
Republican politics will not be the same without him stirring things up! I miss you, Sherman! God bless your family and close friends.
Miz Verna

Jason Taylor said...

I have an older half brother named Sherman. I was never close to my brother for of a couple different reasons. One would be that my brother is old enough to be my father and he was my half brother and was never around my side of the family much. My brother had lots of personal issues that kind of kept him at bay. As I grew up I learned that my brother had sons and I never met them until 2000 and that was my Nephew Alphonzo.

Well he told me that he had an older brother named Sherman after his father. I never got a chance to meet this man and last month I got an invitation to my sisters anniversary and was told that Sherman Jr and his significant other Kim would attend. they both were delightful people and I looked forward to a continued relationship with the both of them.

It was my first and last meeting with my nephew and I feel so cheated, when I hear people talk about him, it seems he and I had much in common. Rest in peace nephew, your missed already.